For School and College Visits:
For our facilitated sessions, there is a charge of £3 per pupil, with a minimum charge of £30 per group.
Please note tailored programmes can be developed and a price negotiated, depending on your requirements. Full day visits can be provided with multiple sessions per class at a discounted rate. Please contact us for more details.
Adult staff and helpers accompanying groups are free of charge.
We know that a key aspect for a smooth school visit are the practical arrangements and support that is provided to teachers. If there is any aspect of your visit that you wish to discuss, please do contact us.
- The maximum number of students that can be accommodated at any one time inside the Museum is 30. If your group is larger than 30, we can divide them and rotate them through a number of complementary activities as well as their Museum visit, which can include visiting the historic 18th century courtrooms across the road at Huntingdon Town Hall, using resources at the nearby Huntingdon Library & Archives, or by an historic walking tour of Huntingdon.
- A teachers’ resource guide is available, with ideas for sessions and resources to complement your visit – this is downloadable below.
- If requested loan boxes of replica objects and other resources can be made available for hire for classroom use. A list of items is downloadable below.
- Multiple toilet facilities are available for schools use in the historic Town Hall, opposite the Museum on a pedestrianised street.
- Lunchroom facilities and secure bag storage can be accommodated in the Town Hall during your visit.
- We can provide pro forma Risk Assessments for your visit – please see below to download a copy.
- Museum staff and volunteers are trained appropriately in Safeguarding.
- The Museum is less than 10 minutes’ walk from Huntingdon Railway Station, should you wish to bring your group by train.
- Coaches can drop off and pick up groups at Huntingdon Bus Station, just around the corner from the Museum and less than two minutes’ walk away.
- Tea and coffee can be supplied for teachers and adult helpers during your visit.
- We are happy to arrange pre-visit meetings with teachers by request.
How to Book
In the first instance, please contact us to discuss your requirements and potential dates for your visit by e-mailing: email@example.com or calling 01480 410389 during office hours. Then please complete and return one of the downloadable Educational Visit booking forms to confirm your booking.
For Guided Tours
For a guided tour of the Museum and Historic Courtrooms in Huntingdon Town Hall:
£5 per adult,
£4 per seniors, students and under 16s
Minimum Fee £30 (£60 out of hours)
Cancellations and Delays
A cancellation charge of 50% of the cost of the guided tour is charged if cancelled less than 14 days before the tour; the full cost of the tour is payable if cancelled less than 7 days before the tour. Please phone the Museum on (01480) 708008 if you are delayed; guides will usually wait up to 30 minutes. If this period is exceeded without contact from the organiser to inform us as to the delay, the tour may be cancelled, a cancellation fee charged or the tour shortened at the guide’s discretion.
Getting to us
Coaches may drop off/pick up the group in Huntingdon Bus Station, less than 2 minutes’ walk from the Museum and Town Hall. The nearest car park is behind the Museum on St Germain Street (pay and display). The Museum is about 10 minutes’ walk from Huntingdon Railway Station, which is on the East Coast line with regular trains from King’s Cross and Peterborough.
Toilets (including accessible toilets) are available in the Town Hall. By prior arrangement we can hold baggage for groups at the Town Hall during your tour. There are many cafes, restaurants, pubs and hotels in the immediate area of the Museum for refreshments – please contact us for more details.
How to Book
In the first instance, please contact us to discuss your requirements and potential dates for your visit by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01480 410389 during office hours. Then please complete and return one of the downloadable Guided Tour booking forms to confirm your booking.