Opening Times and Admissions
Our opening hours are:
Tuesday - Saturday 11am - 4pm (3.30pm November - March)
Closed Sundays and Mondays
The Museum is open all year round, but closes for certain days over the Christmas holidays, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
We are operate a number of mitigations as per advice from the UK Government, the National Museums Directors Council and the Association of Independent Museums. We have also been awarded Visit England's 'Good to Go' mark for meeting their standards for reopening. Our measures include:
- We're requesting that visitors wear a face covering whilst visiting the museum. It isn't compulsory; everyone is made very welcome with or without one, but as we're a small space wearing one helps safeguard other visitors, volunteers & staff
- We may limit the number of visitors who can be inside the Museum at any one time during busy periods
- Hand sanitising facilities are available at the entrance to the Museum and other key points
- The Museum will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day
- In common with many shops and outlets, we have installed a Perspex shield on our reception desk to minimise risk
- Our staff and volunteers will have use of appropriate PPE as required
- The Museum does not have any toilets or refreshment facilities (these are available nearby in the town)
More detailed procedures and a Risk Assessment are available on request - please contact us. We are evolving these procedures, and welcome feedback or suggestions for improvement.
As we are an independent charity we do encourage visitors to make a donation to help with our running costs.