Opening Times and Admissions
We are currently closed to the public due to Tier 4 Covid-19 Restrictions in Cambridgeshire.
We are operate a number of mitigations as per advice from the UK Government, the National Museums Directors Council and the Association of Independent Museums. We have also been awarded Visit England's 'Good to Go' mark for meeting their standards for reopening. Our measures include:
- We're requesting that visitors wear a face covering whilst visiting the museum. It isn't compulsory; everyone is made very welcome with or without one, but as we're a small space wearing one helps safeguard other visitors, volunteers & staff
- We are limiting the number of visitors who can be inside the Museum at any one time; socially distanced queuing will be enforced outside
- As with all Museums and many other institutions, we have been asked to take a contact name and telephone number or e-mail address as part of the UK Government's 'Test, Track and Trace' scheme. We ask all visitors to help us with this
- We are asking visitors to keep to the social distancing regulations, ideally 2 metres for anyone not from the same household, for the duration of their visit
- Hand sanitising facilities are available at the entrance to the Museum and other key points; all visitors will be required to sanitise their hands prior to entering the Museum
- The Museum will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day; we are also sanitising regularly used surfaces such as door handles, push buttons, drawer handles etc. on a half hourly basis throughout the day
- There is a specific route around the Museum's displays which has been clearly marked and which visitors are asked to observe
- Items which cannot be cleaned or sterilised easily (such as replica clothes for visitors to dress up in) we have unfortunately had to remove from display for the time being
- Visitors are asked to sanitise their hands before inspecting shop stock and keep handling of such items to a minimum
- Payment for shop stock is to be by use of contactless card, if possible
- In common with many shops and outlets, we have installed a Perspex shield on our reception desk to minimise risk
- Our staff and volunteers will have use of appropriate PPE as required
- The Museum does not have any toilets or refreshment facilities (these are available nearby in the town)
More detailed procedures and a Risk Assessment are available on request - please contact us - and are on display in the Museum's foyer.
We are evolving these procedures, and welcome feedback or suggestions for improvement.
As we are an independent charity we do encourage visitors to make a donation to help with our running costs.