Coronavirus Information and Museum Reopening
Our opening hours are:
Tuesday - Saturday 11am - 4pm,
Bank Holiday Mondays 11am - 4pm
Closed Sundays and Mondays (we hope to reopen on Sundays from August)
We are operate a number of mitigations as per advice from the UK Government, the National Museums Directors Council and the Association of Independent Museums. We have also been awarded Visit England's 'Good to Go' mark for meeting their standards for reopening. Our measures include:
- We're requesting that visitors wear a face covering whilst visiting the museum. It isn't compulsory; everyone is made very welcome with or without one, but as we're a small space wearing one helps safeguard other visitors, volunteers & staff
- We may limit the number of visitors who can be inside the Museum at any one time durig busy periods
- We have been asked to take a contact name and telephone number or e-mail address from all adults as part of the UK Government's 'Test, Track and Trace' scheme, or alternatively people can scan themselves in using the NHS app. We ask all visitors to help us with this.
- Hand sanitising facilities are available at the entrance to the Museum and other key points; all visitors will be required to sanitise their hands prior to entering the Museum
- The Museum will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day
- Items which cannot be cleaned or sterilised easily (such as replica clothes for visitors to dress up in) we have unfortunately had to remove from display for the time being
- In common with many shops and outlets, we have installed a Perspex shield on our reception desk to minimise risk
- Our staff and volunteers will have use of appropriate PPE as required
- The Museum does not have any toilets or refreshment facilities (these are available nearby in the town)
More detailed procedures and a Risk Assessment are available on request - please contact us - and are on display in the Museum's foyer.