Could you be our Bookkeeper?
The Cromwell Museum Trust is seeking a skilled bookkeeper to provide support for day-to-day financial activities, assisting the Trust’s Treasurer and the Museum’s Curator. It is expected that this role would require working time of an average of 2 -3 hours per week.
About the Museum
The Cromwell Museum has the ambition to be the key resource for the enjoyment and understanding of the life and times of the 17th century soldier and statesman, Oliver Cromwell.
We already have the finest collection in the world of items relating to Cromwell; we will safeguard and expand this collection, ensure its significance is recognised and use it as the inspiration for an innovative public programme.
We will work to make the museum, and Huntingdon, an iconic destination which will attract visitors from around the world to appreciate the story of this hugely significant yet controversial figure - Cromwell the man, his life and work through imaginative and immersive visitor experiences underpinned by the world class collections and archives. We will make the Museum as sustainable as possible.
In broad terms we aim over the next decade to create an internationally recognised centre to learn about the life, times, and legacy of Oliver Cromwell, in the heart of Cromwell Country.
To engage as many people as possible with the story and significance of the 17th century soldier and statesman Oliver Cromwell
Reporting to: Trust Treasurer, Museum Curator
- To maintain proper financial and accounting records for the charity.
- To liaise closely with the Trust Treasurer providing timely records and reports for the Board of Trustees and Curator, for key meetings or as required.
- Arranging authorised payments weekly
- Liaison over monthly payroll payments with Huntingdon Town Council
- Recording and reconciling banked and electronic income weekly
- Maintaining the cashbook weekly including the allocation of restricted and unrestricted income and expenditure
- Prepare monthly management accounts and quarterly cashflow forecasts in conjunction with the Treasurer and Curator
- Administrate quarterly Gift Aid claims
- Assist the Treasurer with the annual accounts, liaising with the auditors as required.
Contract Term: 2 – 3 hours per week, for an initial 3-year contract. Fee paid monthly.
Submitting your tender
Please provide a quotation along with a description of how the service would be provided and any matters you wish to draw to our attention.
Please provide contact details for two referees who must be current clients.
Tenders will be assessed on the following criteria:
- A good understanding of our sector needs.
- Experience of working with charities.
- A good understanding of the confidential nature of the work being undertaken.
- Able to produce reports as required by the Board of Trustees, Staff, and our funders.
- Value for money.
- Timely and efficient service.
The closing date for responses is Thursday 7 October at 5pm. Tenders should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Any queries about the contract should be addressed to the same address.